The aromantic identity is all about attraction – it means experiencing little or no romantic attraction.
Attraction comes in different forms, and not everyone experiences all of them. If you’re attracted to someone, that attraction might come with spontaneous fantasies about doing things with them that you wouldn’t do with just anybody. If those thoughts are about the kind of activities our culture classes as romantic (not specifically sexual but romantic) then it’s probably romantic attraction.
Some aromantic people experience sexual attraction and some don’t.
The flag colours represent:
- Dark green: aromanticism
- Light green: the aromantic spectrum
- White: Platonic and aesthetic attraction
- Grey: grey-romantic and demiromantic people
- Black: the sexuality spectrum
- Aromantic Spectrum Awareness Week: February after Valentine’s Day